1. Asking who she was, she said she was Mr. Johnson’s friend.
2. Finished all my letters, I had a drink and went out.
3. The child punishing by his father left home yesterday.
4. It was played computer games that cost the boy a lot of time that he ought to have spent on his lessons.
5. We are looking forward to seeing the film showing at the Grand Cinema.
6. The program was so excited that the children kept their eyes fixed on the screen.
7. He could do nothing but to admit to his mother that he was wrong.
8. Cleaning women in big cities usually get paying by the hour.
9. How about the two of us take a walk down the garden?
10. The students expected there being more reviewing classes before the final exams.
11. The problem discussed tomorrow has something to do with our daily life.
12. You can hardly imagine the difficulty the woman had to bring up her children.
13. Having not received a reply, he decided to write again.
14. Entering the room, I found Mary seating at the desk and writing a letter.
15. The young man insisted on sending to the front.
1. Everyone in our class was working hard and doing what we could _______(enter) a good college.
2. He spent every minute he could ________(practise) spoken English.
3. He knows nothing about it, so he can’t help ________(do) any of your work.
4. The murderer was brought in, with his hands ________(tie) behind his back.
5. –Do you have anything more _______(type), Sir?
–No. You could have a rest or do something else.
6. The old professor told us every part of the materials should be made use of ______(build) the power station.
7. Who did the boss have _______(wash) his car this time?
8. The theory he sticks to _______(prove) to be of no use in our studies.
9. _________(follow) the road round to the right and you’ll find his house.
10. _________(not find) the wallet, he still had some money with him.
1. Look over there, there’s a very long, winding path______ up to the house.
2. ________into English, the sentence was found to have an entirely different word order.
3. More highways have been built in China, ________it much easier for people to travel from one place to another.
4. On receiving a phone call from his wife _______she had a fall, Mr. Gordon immediately rushed home from his office.
5. Tsinghua University, ______ in 1911, is home to a great number of outstanding figures.
6. The players_______ from the whole country are expected to bring us honor in this summer game.
7. Recently a survey _______ prices of the same goods in two different supermarkets has caused heated debate among citizens.
8. Tom asked the candy makers if they could make the chocolate easier _______into small pieces.
9. It was ______the old clock that the old man spent the whole morning at home.
10. In New Zealand, I made lots of friends ______a very practical knowledge of the English language.
11. I’m busy now. I’m sorry I can’t help ______the flowers.
12. Who would you rather _______the report instead of you?
13. We must stop pollution ______ longer.
14. He seemed to ________ to Jane. He knows her well.
15. When the mother returned from outside three years later, her son, _______at her, her eyes with tears, finally cries out the words ______in his heart for long.
16. Seeing a foreign film I have been looked forward ______ my favorit thing at weekend.
16 is to is to being to be
1. He asked to be treated equally.
2. He is said to have studied abroad last year.
3. Having finished his work, he went out of the office.
4. He was found lying there, reading the newspaper all the morning.
5. I saw her enter the hall.