1. Waste not, want not. 俭以防匮。
2. From saving comes having. 富有来自节俭。
3. A penny saved is a penny gained. 省一文是一文。
4. Take care of the pence and the pound will take care of themselves.
5. Frugality is an estate alone. 节俭本身就是一宗财产。
6. He that regards not a penny, will lavish a pound.
7. Small gains bring great wealth. 积小利，成巨富。
8. Many a little makes a mickle. 积少便成多。
9. As the touchstone tries gold, so gold tries man.
10. Courage and resolution are the spirit and soul of virtue.
11. The path to glory is always rugged. 光荣之路常坎坷。
12. Nothing is difficult to the man who will try. 世上无难事，只要人肯试。
13. The fire is the test of gold; adversity of strong man.
14. Great hopes make great man. 远大的希望造就伟大的人物。
15. No way is impossible to courage. 勇士面前无险路。
16. A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
17. The good seaman is known in bad weather.
18. The best hearts are always the bravest. 行为最勇敢的人心地总是最善良。
19. We must not lie down, and cry, God help us. 求神不如求己。
20. He that falls today may be up again tomorrow.
21. Rome was not built in a day. 罗马并非一日可建成；坚持必成。
22. Success belongs to the persevering. 胜利属于坚忍不拔的人。
23. We must repeat a thousand and one times that perseverance is the only road to success. 我们要多次重申：不屈不挠是取得胜利的唯一道路。
24. Perseverance is failing nineteen times and succeeding the twentieth. 十九次失败，到第二十次获得成功，这就叫坚持。
25. Step by step the ladder is ascended. 登梯需要逐级登。
26. Adversity leads to prosperity. 困苦通向昌盛。
27. Patience and application will carry us through.
28. Fortune often rewards with interest those that have patience to wait for her. 做事只要有耐心，到头总会有好运；耐心候好运，好运常会来。
29. All things will come round to him who will but wait.
30. Constant dropping wears the stone. 滴水不绝可穿石。
31. Omelets are not made without breaking of eggs.
32. The world is a ladder for some to go up and others to go down.
33. There needs a long apprenticeship to understand the mystery of the world's trade. 要知世事奥秘多，须要长期作学徒。
34. Life is sweet. 生活是可爱的；人无不好生(恶死)。
35. Where there is life, there is hope. 生命不息，希望长在。
36. Life is not all beer and skittles. 人生并不全是吃喝玩乐。
37. Much water runs by the mill that the miller knows not of.
38. Fortune knocks once at least at every man's door. 人人都有走运的一天。
39. If you are too fortunate, you will not know yourself; if you are too unfortunate, nobody will know you.
40. Every man is the architect of his own fortune.
41. Happy is he who knows his follies in his youth.
42. Misfortunes never (seldom) come alone (single). 祸不单行。
43. Misfortune is a good teacher. 不幸是良好的教师。
44. Misfortunes come at night. 祸常生于不测。
45. Misfortunes tell us what fortune is. 恶运临头后，才知幸运贵。
46. Adversity makes a man wise, not rich. 患难能使人聪明，但不能使人富有。
47. Live and learn. 活到老，学到老。
48. It is never too old to learn. 为学不怕年高。
49. A man becomes learned by asking questions.
要长学问，就得多问；多问则业精。50. There is no royal road to learning. 学问无坦途。